This is a unique opportunity to join a family business and professional team of experts.
You will get to learn about, and handle, unique and rare collectables and antiques. As well as meet interesting people, many from the arts.
Assistant Position: Casual Approx 20 hours a week +
Reporting to: Auctioneer & General Manager
Location: Murrumbeena, Vic 3163
The Collector is seeking a positive, motivated and physically fit person to assist in the administration, preparation and facilitation of our weekly Collectables Auction.
Key and shared Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Work efficiently and collaboratively with our team to assist in the assembly, display and facilitation of our auctions.
- Point of contact for client communications.
- Provide high quality client service and liaison in person, via email and phone
- Assist in the identification and appraisal of items for auction
- Work effectively under pressure, ensuring tasks are addressed in a timely manner
- Update website
- Clerking during auctions.
- Stock Consignment: valuation, consignment, cataloguing and photography of stock
- Taking payments
- Packing, handling estates, collections off site.
- Proactive and efficient facilitation of post-auction sales
- A good level of physical fitness and the ability to adopt safe handling practices for moving, assembling and displaying furniture and goods for auction is required.
Some knowledge of collectables and antiques.
Previous client facing experience is preferred.
Good computer skills as well as some IT knowledge.
To apply please email a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org