We’ve been pulling our hair out with preparation for three auctions.
Items have been arriving for the Toys, Books and Ephemera auction next week and Australiana and Decorative Arts auction early in the new year.
This week’s auction has turned out fantastic with a couple of new estates keeping us flat out like a lizard drinking.
- Some great pieces of Australian pottery including; Melrose, Hoffman, Beck, Peter Tappin, Wembley Ware, Bendigo, Crete – Hammerton, McHugh, Dyson, Arnaud Barraud, Kathy Skell, Tony Carlin and Pat Elvins.
- Glass and china – Lalique, Whitefriars, Dresden, German Bisque figurines, Cloisonné, Amphora, Burleigh ware, Belleek, Harvey Knox, Tuscan, Schroeders, Holt Howard, Royal Doulton, Limoge, etc
- Vintage and other audio equipment includes; JVC Boombox, National Panasonic and Sanyo Tape recorders, Sony and other Transistor radios, Nivico stereo, Bose & Heybrook speakers, Philips and Akai stereos, etc
- Furniture incl; Victorian cedar chiffonier, Bentwood chairs, hall table, extension dining table, arts ‘n’ crafts style desk, 1960’s record cupboard, etc
- A great collection of art – Trevor Opray, Hazel Morton, 1904 Embroidery sampler, 1900 Australian school, Lorna Stewart, Robert Akins, Ramon Horsfield, etc
- Vintage fashion – 1960’s hats and clothes, Jenny Bannister dress, 1920’s mink coat, 1930’s red fox cape, silk dresses, wool coats, cocktail dress, fancy dress ‘Onesies’, gents vintage shirts and costume and cameo jewellery.
- Other items incl; Alessi kettle, boudoir crystal lamp, Atomic coffee machine, Cinni and other vintage desk fans, jade medallions and figures, 1950’s mantle clocks, 1970’s orange Olympia typewriter, stamp ablums, records, fountain pens, Olympus and other cameras and accessories plus heaps more.
The auction starts at 6 pm on Thursday evening and absentee bids need to be in by 5pm.
Viewing 10am – 6pm Wed. & Thurs. 12 – 6pm auction start
25 Melbourne Street, Murrumbeena, 3163